The latest info from Windermere MI:
As the days grow darker and rain settles in, a little holiday cheer couldn’t be better timed! Grab your umbrella and brighten your spirits with these Seattle-area favorites—whether it’s meandering through a dazzling light show, watching the “snow” fall at Bellevue’s Snowflake Lane, or taking a holiday-themed cruise. Here’s the skinny on dates, times, food, and parking…
Winterfest at Seattle Center
305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109
- Dates/Times: Nov. 25, 2022 – Dec. 31, 2022. Seattle Center Luminata with winter light & music display at International Fountain daily at 6pm; ice sculpting Nov. 27, Dec. 4, 11, & 18; Winter train & village open daily Nov. 25 – Dec. 31 | 10 am – 6 pm.
- Cost: Free for all ages.
- Parking: Paid parking available at the Mercer Garage, 5th Ave N Garage, and Theatre Commons ADA Lot. Click here for the campus map.
- Food: A multitude of dining options await you in the Armory.
- Special Events: Opening Day Celebration, live stage entertainment at the Armory, the Winter Train & Village, New Year’s Eve Celebration, and more!
- Holiday Closure: Dec. 25
Garden d’Lights at Bellevue Botanical Garden
12001 Main Street, Bellevue WA 98005
click here to get tickets (must be purchased in advance)
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 26, 2022 – Dec. 31, 2022 | 4:30 – 9:00 pm
- Cost: $8 per person (ages 10 and under are free)
- Parking: Premium parking is $5 per car in the Garden’s lot as space allows OR park for free at Wilburton Hill Park
- Food: Hot drinks and snacks are available for purchase
- Holiday Closures: December 25
Snowflake Lane at the Bellevue Collection
Bellevue Way & NE 8th Street, Bellevue WA 98004
Christmas Ship Festival
Launch locations include Seattle Waterfront – Pier 55, Shilshole Bay Marina, Hyatt Regency Lake Washington, Lake Union Park (MOHAI), AGC Marina, Carillon Point Marina, and Kirkland City Dock.
click here to get tickets
Westlake Center Tree Lighting & Holiday Activities
401 Pine St., Seattle, WA 98101 (Westlake Park)
Zoolights at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium
5400 N Pearl St, Tacoma, WA 98407
click here to get tickets
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 25, 2022 – Jan. 2, 2023 | 4:30 – 10 pm
- Cost: $12-$16 (free for kids 2 & under)
- Promotions: Discounted tickets for zoo members & BECU members
- Parking: Free parking in zoo lots (carpooling recommended)
- Food: Dinner, drinks & snacks are available at the Plaza Cafe & outside stands
- Activities: Carousel, Kids’ Zone with meerkats & goats
- Holiday Closures: Dec. 24 & 25
WildLanterns at Woodland Park Zoo
West Entrance: 5500 Phinney Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98103
South Entrance: 750 N 50th St, Seattle, WA 98103
Click here to get tickets
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 11, 2022 – Jan. 22, 2023 | 4:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Cost: $25.95 – $34.95 per person (ages 2 & under are free).
- Promotions: Zoo members get 20% off tickets.
- Parking: $6 parking is available in all lots after 3:30 pm. Park by the West Entrance if you are purchasing your tickets in person—the South Gate (Hippo Lot) is only for those who already have tickets.
- Food: Refreshments are available at food kiosks throughout, plus the Pizza Corner at 1899 Grove, and Gather & Graze Café (with covered seating provided). You are also welcome to bring your own food & non-alcoholic beverages.
- Special Activities: Tianyu Cultural Performances in the PACCAR Auditorium, Magical Memories Marketplace, & up-close Ambassador Animals in Australasia. Sensory-Friendly Nights on 11/16, 12/13 & 1/12.
- Closures: Mondays (except for Dec. 19 & 26); Nov. 24, Dec. 24 & 25.
But wait, there’s more…
Holiday theatrical & musical shows
“A Christmas Carol” at ACT Theatre
“The Nutracker” by Pacific Northwest Ballet
“Winter Brilliance” at Chihuly Garden and Glass
Magic in the Market
The Polar Express train ride at Mt. Rainier Railroad
Gingerbread Village at the Sheraton Grand Seattle
Leavenworth Village of Lights
Find a Home | Sell Your Home | Property Research
Neighborhoods | Market Reports | Our Team
We earn the trust and loyalty of our brokers and clients by doing real estate exceptionally well. The leader in our market, we deliver client-focused service in an authentic, collaborative, and transparent manner and with the unmatched knowledge and expertise that comes from decades of experience.
2737 77th Ave SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040 | (206) 232-0446
© Copyright 2022, Windermere Real Estate/Mercer Island.
The post 2022 Holiday Happenings Around the Sound appeared first on Windermere Real Estate.